VideoRay Work Cart

Discussion space for posts that don't fit into the other categories, such as issues with VideoRay products, or general ROV tips.

VideoRay Work Cart

Postby rovsteve » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:01 pm

After years of lugging all the components to the VideoRay system around with multiple trips into the shop and out to the Test, Training & Evaluation Facility (most know this as a pool) at my Cocoa, Florida location, getting tether, power cords, submersible, control box, weights and all the little things you need to get rov ops going. I have finally found a good answer.

After trying several types of carts and wagons that could be loaded and used to make one trip in and out with everything I needed, I have settled on this Industrial Polypropylene Service Cart. It is 16 inches wide and 30 inches long and as you can see is a perfect fit for the ICB with room for a hand controller and other items. By adding a hose holder to one end it handles a length of tether. I place the sub and other items on the bottom shelf. The little pockets on the handle end provide spaces for weights, screws and other items you always need. The best news is this cart is available at Harbor Freight stores for $89, and if you signup for their sales mailers you can save another 15%. The hose holder cost another $3.00. So for less than $100 you have something that will save you lots of trips and make moving your system around pretty painless. Besides it is almost perfect for conducting ROV ops. Additionally, if you want to operate from a 12 volt battery, it can be placed on the bottom shelf and your inverter attached.

Any questions let me know.

ROVSteve

Cart1jpg.jpg
Cart2.jpg
Cart3.jpg
Cart4.jpg
rovsteve

Return to General ROV / VideoRay Product Questions and Tips