Syringe accessories?

Discussion space for posts that don't fit into the other categories, such as issues with VideoRay products, or general ROV tips.

Syringe accessories?

Postby eivind_aarseth » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:59 pm

Here is one of my latest ideas regarding accessories for the VideoRay.

There are several types of elastomeric adhesives used by divers for gluing or make tight wholes etc. under water. For example this one from Kent: http://www.kenteurope.com/denmark/shop/viewfamily.php?viewfamily=4532&sectionid=209&type=Ind

My idea is to fill the syringe with adhesive and use it under water with the VideoRay. The one you see on the picture is a prototype for testing only.

I am looking for a syringe better suited for this purpose.

The syringe can also be used for taking water samples with the ROV.

I would be pleased to receive comments on this idea.

eivind_aarseth

Syringe accessories?

Postby thomas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:08 pm

Great no-nonsense/multi use accessory.
This device is what we would like to have in stock for "whatever mission a client is going to come up with". We would be interested if it could be connected to the manipulator by only having to remove the 3bolt-held mobile jaws. If you have in mind manufacturing a few units, how is it priced?
best,
Thomas
thomas

Syringe accessories?

Postby eivind_aarseth » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for my late reply. My accessory abowe is based on a MiniManip purchased from Inuktun Services Ltd. I do not manufacture this manipulator myself so I can't give you a price for the whole accessory. Anyway, the prototype is so simple you can purchase the extra parts from everywhere if you first have the manipulator.
eivind_aarseth

Return to General ROV / VideoRay Product Questions and Tips