Long Distance Remote Control Using PC Pilot

Discussion space for posts that don't fit into the other categories, such as issues with VideoRay products, or general ROV tips.

Long Distance Remote Control Using PC Pilot

Postby tom_glebas » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:25 pm

PC Pilot can be operated across a network connection. This capability enables unprecedented collaboration and outreach. Remote users can view or pilot a VideoRay with only a PC and broadband Internet connection. Marine Resources Development Foundation in Key Largo, Florida, has been collaborating with users around the US for several months. I would be interested to discuss possibilities or work with other interested users who would like to learn more about or begin truly remote operations.
tom_glebas

Re: Long Distance Remote Control Using PC Pilot

Postby thomas » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:52 am

Tom: we are interested in receiving training on remote/internet application of system. Strongly suggest next VIPS include such workshop. We are working on missions where the client would be interested by the remote images from one of his operations.
thomas

Postby Gareth. » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:19 pm

For the past month I've been working with Fosters (the lager company) on a promotion allowing people to drive an Videoray Pro III over the net, in my AquaTheatre tank at the National Marine Aquarium. They wrote their own program using PC Pilot as a basis. Its been hard work getting it set up but I'm pleased with the end result.

If you want a try then sign up for 'Ride the Scuba' at http://www.fosters.co.uk.

Gareth
Gareth.
Dabbler

Postby tweekend » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 am

I work for a school district in Western NY and we offer several underwater video conferences to schools in our region and around the country. Recently, without really consulting those of us on the technical side, our divers purchased a Video Ray Pro III set up and want to use it during some of the video conferences. Their expectations were that the far site viewing the video conference would be able to control the unit.

But of course in the manual "Using PC Pilot in Network Mode" is in the sections to be added. I stumbled on this thread, which I see hasn't been touched in over a year. But I was wondering if anyone has had any luck accomplishing this?

Help, feedback and ideas would all be great.

Thanks in advance
tweekend
Dabbler

Postby tom_glebas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 am

Please see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238
tom_glebas

Return to General ROV / VideoRay Product Questions and Tips