VideoRay Cockpit Hand Controller Mapping

Discussion space for posts that don't fit into the other categories, such as issues with VideoRay products, or general ROV tips.

VideoRay Cockpit Hand Controller Mapping

Postby tom_glebas » Mon May 03, 2010 8:36 am

Here is some more info on using different hand controllers with VideoRay Cockpit:

Currently VideoRay supports the standard VideoRay controller and the Logitech Rumblepad 2.

When VideoRay Cockpit starts, it determines which controller is attached and copies "default_controllername.con" to "default.con" (controllername is either videoray or logitech)

This will process evolve and more controllers will be added over time.

In the meantime, if you want to modify the controller mapping, here is a technique:

The controller files are stored in the following default location on the Toughbook:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\VideoRay\Controller\

Assuming you want to create your own mapping for the Logitech by editing the standard mapping and changing an item or two:
1. Copy default_logitech.con to original_logitech.con
2. Copy default_logitech.con to my_logitech.con
3. Edit my_logitech.con to include the desired configuration mapping
4. Copy either original_logitech.con or my_logitech.con to default_logitech.con depending upon which configuration you want to use.
5. Start VideoRay Cockpit

This procedure allows you to use your new mapping file without destroying the default.

See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=527 for a version of the Logitech that has the vertical mapping reversed - i.e. gamer vs pilot mode.

Tom
tom_glebas

Re: VideoRay Cockpit Hand Controller Mapping

Postby Stinger CC » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:24 am

I was wondering if it is possible to use an X-box Controller for the Videoray Pro 4 system? As i see it, its the best microsoft controller out there and has way better ergonomics than the Logitech.
Also with the current layout of the joysticks, you control the rov sideways and forward with the right stick and the vertical propeller with the left stick. I want to invert them so i will use the left stick to control the sideways and forward and the right stick to control up and down. Is there a way to do that?
Kom arbeidslyst og treng deg på, her skal du motstand finne!
Stinger CC

Postby ncuwi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:56 am

To remap the joystick controls of the Rumblepad 2, you might try using Logitech's "Profiler" application (it's referred to as "gaming software" and is available on their website http://www.logitech.com). Using the Profiler app you can remap the joysticks and buttons any way you want. We don't have a VR Pro so I haven't tried it with their software, but if their Windows control app isn't doing anything weird it probably will work.

I'm not sure how much luck you'd have getting an X360 gamepad to work. The RumblePad2 and X360 gamepads conform to different standards, the RP is "DirectInput" while X360 is the newer "XInput". Most software out there will either talk to one or the other, but not both.
ncuwi

Postby tom_glebas » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:12 pm

VideoRay currently only supports the DirectInput mode. Microsoft has something about Windows compatible X-Box controllers for those who like that style over the Logitech, but their web page for it is sort of broken see: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us ... ws#support. The support tab on that page is the only one with information.

Tom
tom_glebas

Return to General ROV / VideoRay Product Questions and Tips