VideoRay and VISTA

Discussion space for posts that don't fit into the other categories, such as issues with VideoRay products, or general ROV tips.

VideoRay and VISTA

Postby rovsteve » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:08 am

I went to look at laptops today, and to my surprise all now have a new VISTA operating system. I'm sure you are aware of all this... But the question I have, based on past expereince with major OS changes is: Will the programs we are using such as Sea Sprite and BlueView and PC Pilot and ShipHull to name a few, work with VISTA? Have they been checked out on the new OS? This could be an issue for us less tech savy computer users in the field.
rovsteve

Re: VideoRay and VISTA (Update 8/28/07)

Postby adamblai » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello,

PC-Pilot software works with Vista, instructions are included in the documentation for setting it up with Vista.
We have received information from Tritech. The SeaSprite v.1.7 software is Vista Approved. The 'Seanet Pro' suite is ready for vista.
We have received information from Blueview. The Proviewer 2.1 Software works with Vista.
We have received information from Marine Sonic about their side scan hardware. The review software works with Vista, the capture is done by proprietary hardware.
We have received information from Imagenex. Their sonar software works with Vista.
When we receive additional information I will post it here.

Anyone who has problems please let me know here or email me at adam.blai@videoray.com.

Thank you,

Adam Blai
Product Manager
adamblai
Dabbler

Re: VideoRay and VISTA

Postby subpilot » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 am

How about some Mac software? Windows sux. :mrgreen:
subpilot
Dabbler

Re: VideoRay and VISTA

Postby scott_bentley » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm

We have no plans to support other operating systems soon. While Windows certainly has problems, it is the most popular among our users. :(

Scott Bentley, President, VideoRay LLC
scott_bentley

Return to General ROV / VideoRay Product Questions and Tips